Saturday, August 3, 2019

I took a quilting class and here is the result . . .

I have never taken a quilting class.  I learned how to quilt from a book and the occasional youtube video.  And I think I did okay.  

I went to an open house at Krafty Kennedys in London ON with some friends a couple of years ago and was fascinated by one of their classes . . . a bookshelf quilt.  So I signed up.

The classes started in January 2018 and I learned a lot from the instructors--mostly about my machine and why it acts up.  I also learned about raw edge applique.  It was definitely worth the money paid.  

Now as you may know I get distracted by the real world and so it has taken some time to finish.  It took time and patience to decide on fabrics and appliques and hand-quilting pattern stitches to make this my own little masterpiece but one month ago I finished it . . . finally.  

And this morning it was hung up in our bedroom.  


1 comment: