Friday, October 9, 2015

There are nice people still out there in The Real World



So anyway . . . shortly after arriving at Windswept Cottage on Monday I realized my big toe was starting to really hurt.  I looked down and it was really red and swollen.  I have absolutely no idea what I did to it.  I decided to just keep an eye on it.

Tuesday morning I realized that action was required so I pulled out my first aid kit.  Lots of band-aids and alcohol wipes but no first aid cream of any kind.  So off I wander down the Parkway in my pyjama pants to the grocery store.  I looked all over.  I asked for help.  No Polysporin or anything similar left on the shelves.  The clerk recommended the variety store down the street, Shaykin' Bait Variety (how I love that name).  



Unfortunately, there must have been a plague of infected body parts recently because they also were out of Polysporin.  I did not want to get dressed and drive back to Wallaceburg so I asked if they had a first aid kit.  And, if they did and it just happened to contain an antibiotic cream I would buy it from them.  


The clerk returns with a small tube of Polysporin but would not let me pay for it.  Yep, there really are still a few nice people out there.

But not my sister Nancy . . . she was mean to me . . . LOL.  Nancy doctored my toe and it hurt like heck.  But next day I could already see and feel the improvement.  It is still a little yucky today (Friday) but I think I'm gonna live.

Hopefully that is the first and last time I will ever have an injury when I am relaxing at Windswept.  I still have no idea what caused the swollen toe in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment