Saturday, October 3, 2015

It's a Wonderful Life (1946) ~ m

A while back I took a "quiz" on Facebook to determine how many of the top 250 movies of all time. I had actually seen. I scored 100 out of the 250 movies that were listed. If I was unsure about seeing a movie I didn't check it off so my score could possibly be much higher.

And then I started thinking that perhaps instead of binge watching old TV series I should binge watch movies. I decided just to take on the top 100 movies for a starter. Now I'm very sure I am going to agree with quite a few of the entries on this list but I already know I'm going to argue about a few as well.

So here is #43 of the top 100 Movies of all time according to IMDB:


It's a Wonderful Life (1946)

If someone suggested that I've watched this movie 100 times, I would not be surprised.



This is the perfect Christmas or any other time of the year feel good movie.  George is constantly frustrated whenever he tries to follow one of his dreams . . . to go to school, to travel, to leave his home town . . . 

Finally, after one more hit of bad luck, George Bailey wishes he had never been born.  With the help of an angel-in-training, George comes to realizes how important he has been in the lives of his family, friends and community.  He realizes he really does have a wonderful life.



Academy Awards, USA 1947

Nominated
Oscar
Best Picture
Best Actor in a Leading Role
James Stewart 
Best Director
Frank Capra 
Best Sound, Recording
John Aalberg (RKO Radio SSD) 
Best Film Editing
William Hornbeck 

No comments:

Post a Comment