Tuesday, January 18, 2022

Book Review ~ The Birth House by Ami McKay




I believe my sister Nancy gave me this book to read.  I really enjoyed it.  It was a good solid read and I personally like historical fiction, even when it isn't set far in the past.

I'm almost scared to get into any sort of serious discussion about this book after reading a few reviews and seeing the lines in the sand drawn between the I-don't-get-it-I'm-confused group vs. the scary-feminist-agenda-making-women-who-give-birth-in-hospital-feel-bad group vs. . . . blah blah blah.

Let me tell you this . . . it is a well written story, there appears to be a great attention to the details, and it is hard to put down once you start reading it.  If the author did have a hidden agenda I don't really care.  I will leave those discussions to others.

Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment