Thursday, January 22, 2015

Morning Routines and Some Interesting Canadian History ~j

MONDAY, MARCH 10, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Mornings

Curse you, Daylight Savings Time!

What's the first thing you do when you wake up every morning?


I am a creature of habit, especially in the morning. In fact, I get cranky if my morning routine is tampered with in any way. Don't worry, I will skip the parts you really don't need to know about.


When I wake up in the morning I go to my studio and turn on the light and my laptop. Next step is to make coffee and throw bread into the toaster. Third, back to the studio to enter my password in my laptop. I then return to the kitchen where I put peanut butter on my toast, collect any other food items I plan to include with my breakfast such as fruit or cereal, pick up my fresh hot cup of coffee . . . and return to the studio where I leisurely read my emails and catch up with everyone on Facebook while enjoying my breakfast.


Only when these things are accomplished can I shower and get dressed and start my day.



March 7, 1878 - Education - University of Western Ontario chartered. London, Ontario
I attended Western University, as it is now called, as a mature student and loved every minute of it.


March 8, 1945 - Women - International Women's Day first celebrated on this day in Canada and around the world. Canada


March 9, 1977 - Terry Fox 1958-1981 loses right leg above the knee to cancer; fitted with artificial leg; learns to walk, drive a car, play golf. Vancouver, BC

March 10, 1876 - Technology - Alexander Graham Bell 1847-1922 makes the first successful test of his new invention, the telephone, a month after patenting the device. He transmits the First intelligible speech, room to room, telling his assistant, 'Come here, Watson. I need you.' Back at his father's house in Brantford Ontario on August 3, he makes the First building-to-building call with his uncle David Bell, and a year later sets up the world's first telephone service in Hamilton, with four customers. Boston, Massachusetts

No comments:

Post a Comment