Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Soothing upsets and hearts of gold . . . ~j

TUESDAY, FEBRUARY 18, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Soothing

How do you soothe yourself when you're upset?

Sadly I am a stress eater.  Apparently thinking about food makes me forget what I'm upset about.  I understand this about myself so I try to make sure to have lots of healthy snacks and no junk food in the house.  Once in a while I still give in and go to the store for a bag of chips though.


Two blog posts on February 18th:  


The first is about a tea party fundraiser I attended.  http://inmyworld-pam.blogspot.ca/2014/02/afternoon-tea-party-to-benefit-pink.html

The second is about the square I designed for the Oddball Sampler Afghan I am making (still).  http://inmyworld-pam.blogspot.ca/2014/02/oddball-square-aussie-map-sort-of.html



National Battery Day

When : Always February 18th

People get a charge out of National Battery Day. We are absolutely energized about the many uses and applications. It's an opportunity to celebrate a vital invention. Batteries are used everywhere, from the battlefield to smoke alarms to headsets. They come in all sorts of shapes, sizes, and power capacity, to fit a wide array of needs.

Just imagine where the world would be without batteries. We'd still be using a crank to start our automobiles. We'd have to cart around long extension cords to bring the boombox to the beach. And, forget about hand-held games. They'd never be popular tied to an electrical outlet.

Yesiree, batteries are electrifying!

Today is a good time to appreciate the the power of batteries in our everyday life.

Source: http://www.holidayinsights.com/moreholidays/February/batteryday.htm





February 18, 1972 - Music - Neil Young receives a gold record for Harvest, the only #1 album of his career; includes the #1 hit single Heart of Gold . New York, New York

No comments:

Post a Comment