Friday, February 21, 2014

Oven Roasted Vegetables

A recipe has been passed around the internet today for Oven Roasted Vegetables.  The photo looked good.  The recipe sounded good.  So I decided to make it for supper tonight.

I changed a few things . . . surprise . . . !!!  And it was delicious!!  This recipe makes enough for at least six hearty diners.  I served it with roast beef and apple crisp for dessert.

Here goes . . .



1 bundle of asparagus, cut in half
1 small package of snow peas
2 medium yellow squash (which I couldn't find), cut in large chunks
1 zucchini (so I added a second zucchini), cut in large chunks
1 small package of baby carrots
1 package of grape or cherry tomatoes
1 small bag of baby red potatoes, cut into wedges
about 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
2 tbsp of rosemary
1-1/2 tbsp of basil
steak seasoning (I used Mrs. Dash)
salt and pepper
1-1/2 tbsp garlic salt (I used a couple of garlic cloves well chopped)

Prepare the vegetables and place in a large bowl.  Drizzle olive oil over and then add seasonings.  Toss the vegetables so they are well coated with oil and seasonings.  Pour into a deep baking dish and cover with foil.  Bake for 1/2 hour at 450F.  Remove foil and cook for 15 minutes or until veggies are tender.

The original recipe is at http://foodnservice.com/oven-roasted-vegetables/.

My favourites were the asparagus and tomatoes.  Hal loved the potatoes best.  Austin ate everything but the tomatoes.  Taylor particularly enjoyed the carrots and asparagus.

No comments:

Post a Comment