This week's challenge is to organize all those ribbons and fibres. There is no "right" way to store your ribbons and fibre. The most important factor is that the system works for YOU. First, let's make some S.P.A.C.E
Sort: Gather together all of your ribbons and fiber, and sort them into piles: KEEP, TOSS, SELL, DONATE
Purge: Throw out the TOSS pile. Immediately make arrangements for pick-up or drop-off of the DONATE pile. Bag up, and assign a price and your initials to the SELL pile, and immediately put these in your garage sale box.
Assign: Sort your KEEP pile into types/colours of fibre and ribbon. If your ribbons are in a big wrinkled mess, take time now to give everything a pressing (careful with the heat, some synthetics may melt!)
Containerize: Consider the space that you have, and the way that you work Here are some ideas that work for both ribbons and fibres:
1) on those little cardboard bobbins meant for embroidery floss in organizer boxes
2) organized by colour in big clear glass jars on a shelf - both decorative and functional
3) wound and paper clipped, then stored in embellishment organizers with their coordinating embellishments
4) in Cropper Hopper mini embellishment boxes, sorted by colour in CH embellishment organizers
5) in small ziploc bags stored in a photo box, or on a big ring
6) in sports cards organizer pages, sorted by colour, then placed in a binder
7) wound on index cards and stored in a photo box
EQUALIZE: take a few minutes at the end of each scrapping session, when you return from a crop, or return from a shopping trip to put your ribbons and fibres away where they belong.