Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Book Review: King Arthur's Children


King Arthur’s Children: A Study in Fiction and Tradition is a scholarly analysis of every known treatment of King Arthur’s children, from Welsh legends and French romances, to Scottish genealogies and modern novels. King Arthur’s Children explores an often overlooked theme in Arthurian literature and reveals King Arthur’s bloodline may still exist today.

Now for my personal opinion . . . I know nothing about King Arthur except for what I've seen in a couple of forgettable movies.  He pulled a sword out of a stone.  He was married to Guinevere.  He was helped by Merlin the wizard.  With this lack of knowledge you would think this is a very strange book for me to read and review.  But in my world I don't want to read books about things I already know.  I want to learn something new.  

Thank goodness Tyler R. Tichelaar, Ph.D. has a fabulous writing style which makes so much new-to-me information fairly easy to read and understand.  I think my biggest problem was reading and remembering all the "weird" names of the different characters.  If they'd all been Johns and Marys it would have been much simpler . . . LOL.

So if you are a fan of King Arthur than this is definitely the book to read.  Well thought out, well written and allowing room for question and debate.

1 comment:

  1. Pam,
    Thank you so much for reviewing my book. I'm glad that you enjoyed it and learned something from it, and yes, those names are difficult.
    Best wishes,
    Tyler Tichelaar

    ReplyDelete