Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Book Review: Promises to Keep by Jane Green



Wonderful!  The only problem I had with this novel is that it is hard to read . . . while you are crying. And it is hard to hold on to the book while you are clutching a box of Kleenex.

Some people might find this story predictable but I don't understand what's wrong with that.  I can predict what a friend is going to do next.  Since I got to know the characters so well throughout the story, of course I would be able to predict what might happen next.

The characters were superbly portrayed, even the minor characters.  I ended up rooting for all of them to find their own version of happiness.  The main character, Callie, has a wonderful home, two adorable children, good friends, a successful photography business and a gorgeous and loving husband who's only flaw seems to be that he works too much.  We all know that when things are going so good something has to go wrong . . . and it does.  Callie is fatally ill.

I'm not going to give away too much of the story because there is so much joy in reading the story yourself and I don't want to ruin it for you.

Don't forget the box of Kleenex.

No comments:

Post a Comment