Monday, May 23, 2011

Hewson Family Reunion 2011

This year's reunion will be held at the home of Dean and Charissa Troup in Jordan Station, ON on Sunday, August 21st.  I'm very excited to be going to a new area for the reunion.  I hope we get lots of newcomers to the event.  Sounds like Dean and Charissa have a great big yard.  We are thinking of staying for the weekend so we can do some letterboxing and sight-seeing.  Nanna wants to go to the Butterfly Conservatory in Niagara Falls.

One of the most exciting things for me is that I will be bringing my scanner and laptop so I can scan in any photos and documents that family members might bring for our family tree.  Aunt Pat has suggested I publish the results.  I was only doing the family tree for my own interest, but it figures that if I am interested in our history, others might be as well.  We have a few interesting characters in our ancestors.

Dear Family,

If you are reading this, I am looking for birth certificates, wedding certificates and special event photos such as graduations, weddings, births.  I hope you don't mind bringing these items along with you to the reunion.  I will have files set up so you can see what I've collected so far and of course you can have a look at your online information as well.

Thanks for all your help with this project.
Pam

No comments:

Post a Comment