What was the last movie you watched? What did you think of it?
Friday, January 15, 2021
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Canada has won 501 medals in the Olympics.
Clara Hughes is the most decorated Canadian Olympian. She's the only athlete in history to win multiple medals at both the Summer and Winter Olympic Games. Her six career medals ties her with speed skating teammate Cindy Klassen as Canada's most-decorated Olympian.
Wednesday, January 13, 2021
* scissors - sharpen your scissors using a small scissor sharpener, or have them professionally done. Carefully clean the blades (I like alcohol swabs to remove sticky adhesive).
* pens - test pens and throw out the ones that are dry or don't work well.
* craft knives - change the blades.
* trimmers - clean the deck of your trimmers with a damp cloth, and a little cleanser if necessary. Replace dull blades, or cut through fine sandpaper or aluminium foil.
* Work surface - clean ink, adhesive and paint from your self-healing mats.
* Punches - to prevent punches from sticking, punch through wax paper. Problem punches may need a little lubricating oil such as sewing machine oil, then punch through scrap paper several times to remove oily residue. Dull punches can be sharpened by punching through aluminium foil or fine grade sandpaper (both right side up and upside down).
* Rubber stamps - stamps should be cleaned after each use, but if there is a build up of ink on your stamps, you should clean them with an alcohol free baby wipe, or paper towels moistened with a mild cleanser (ammonia free/bleach free) Use a soft toothbrush to remove ink stuck in the crevices of a design. Store stamps flat, rubber side down.
We have started a Facebook group as a place for us to share photos, accomplishments, encouragement, tips and tricks as we work through the Fall 2020 Craft Room Organization Challenge. You are welcome to post before and after photos of your tools and adhesive challenge in the Challenge #4 Album.