Monday, December 19, 2022

Journal Prompt ~ Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Image result for where do you see yourself in 5 years"

As my mother would probably agree, I'm not very ambitious. At least not in the competitive or commercial sense. I've never wanted to invent the next great thing that is going to save the world. I never wanted to be a big shot of any kind.

I've always wanted to be happy. I have finally learned late in life (but not too late, I hope) that happy comes in moments, it is an attitude, it is a decision you make every morning . . . I am going to try and be happy today. And what I know is that I am happy when I have my family around me. They could be completely oblivious to my presence and I wouldn't care. I am happy just to have them near.

I am happy when I accomplish something and it doesn't matter if it is cleaning a room or writing a book. Accomplishment makes me happy.

Spending time with my friends makes me happy. Moments of quiet solitude make me happy.

It amazes me that for so much of my life I searched for happiness only to find out that I had it all the time. I just didn't recognize it or enjoy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment