Wednesday, February 13, 2019

Top 250 Movies From the Last 10 Years ~ #2 Inception

I would like a survey of the type of people who rate IMDB's top movies because I certainly don't understand how Inception (2010) could be #2.

I watched Inception.  While I enjoyed the acting and the special effects, the story itself was unnecessarily complex and odd.  My son must have thought that my cool reception to this movie was because I didn't understand it so he tried to explain it . . . LOL.  I got it, I just wasn't crazy about it.

Having said all that, I would watch it again if I had to . . . it just wouldn't be my first choice.




It seems the Academy agreed with me . . . 

Academy Awards, USA 2011

Won
Oscar
Best Achievement in Cinematography
Wally Pfister 
Best Achievement in Sound Mixing
Lora Hirschberg
Gary Rizzo
Ed Novick 
Best Achievement in Sound Editing
Richard King 
Best Achievement in Visual Effects
Chris Corbould
Andrew Lockley
Pete Bebb
Paul J. Franklin 
Nominated
Oscar
Best Motion Picture of the Year
Christopher Nolan
Emma Thomas 
Best Writing, Original Screenplay
Christopher Nolan 
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures, Original Score
Hans Zimmer 
Best Achievement in Art Direction
Guy Hendrix Dyas (production designer)
Larry Dias (set decorator)
Douglas A. Mowat (set decorator) 

No comments:

Post a Comment