Wednesday, November 11, 2015

A Delayed Bad Service Rant - Maxwell's Cameras, St. Thomas, ON


On January 2nd, 2015, Hubby and I and our youngest grandson headed out for some serious camera shopping.  My GE had started acting up many many months ago and I was beginning to hate taking photos because there was no guarantee they would be in focus . . . sigh.  I NEEDED a new camera.

Here is the short story of my adventure at Maxwell's Cameras:

With extremely minimal help from the salesperson, I managed to pick out my new camera.  It was lovely and had everything I wanted.  I let the salesman know I'd made a decision and would like to purchase that particular camera.  And then we waited.  And waited.  And waited.  Because there was one other customer (another family) haggling over prices and deals, etc.  I bet they ended up buying nothing, next to nothing, or if they did buy something it was at the cheapest possible price.

I spent over 30 minutes trying to pay for the camera.  I mean, seriously, this was a sure sale, unlike the other customer.  I was actually holding the debit card in my hand. I finally was so thoroughly P.O.'d that I put down the camera and we walked out.

We got lovely, thorough, friendly, quick service at Henry's in London and I walked out with my wonderful new Fuji.

Let me just say if St Thomas business' like Maxwell's want us to keep spending our money in St. Thomas they really need to pay a heck of a lot better attention to customer service. 

No comments:

Post a Comment