Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Book Review ~ A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry ~ b

I just finished reading an excellent novel which allowed me to see inside a culture I would never have the ability to experience.  When this happens, I truly believe we learn a little more about our neighbours around the world . . . allowing us to understand each other a little better.

The name of the book is A Fine Balance by Rohinton Mistry.  The book was recommended as one of 100 novels that make you proud to be Canadian, compiled by CBCbooks.ca.


A Fine Balance

The story is about four very different people who come together during a turbulent time in India of the 1970s and discover friendship and love despite the extreme sadness and instability of the times they are living in.

It is a very sad and emotional book but I bet you will read it a second time.

No comments:

Post a Comment