Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Star Wars: Episode IV - A New Hope (1977) ~m

A while back I took a "quiz" on Facebook to determine how many of the top 250 movies of all time. I had actually seen. I scored 100 out of the 250 movies that were listed. If I was unsure about seeing a movie I didn't check it off so my score could possibly be much higher.

And then I started thinking that perhaps instead of binge watching old TV series I should binge watch movies. I decided just to take on the top 100 movies for a starter. Now I'm very sure I am going to agree with quite a few of the entries on this list but I already know I'm going to argue about a few as well.


So here is #2 of the top 100 Movies of all time according to IMDB:


Star Wars:  Episode IV - A New Hope (1977)



I can't say I am a huge fan of the Star Wars franchise . . . but I do like it quite a bit.  I think it is very clever.  And I can't believe I never questioned why the first movie was called Episode IV.

It has a great and swashbuckling story line and great special effects, especially for the times.  "Luke Skywalker joins forces with a Jedi Knight, a cocky pilot, a wookiee and two droids to save the universe from the Empire's world-destroying battle-station, while also attempting to rescue Princess Leia from the evil Darth Vader."  I stole this from IMDB because I couldn't have said it better myself.

I think a steamy summer day should be devoted to watching all the Star Wars movies while hugging your air conditioner and eating ice cream.



I like that . . . the story of a boy, a girl and a universe . . . 

No comments:

Post a Comment