Saturday, June 13, 2015

Movie Review: The Godfather ~m

A while back I took a "quiz" on Facebook to determine how many of the top 250 movies of all time.  I had actually seen. I scored 100 out of the 250 movies that were listed. If I was unsure about seeing a movie I didn't check it off so my score could possibly be much higher.

And then I started thinking that perhaps instead of binge watching old TV series I should binge watch movies. I decided just to take on the top 100 movies for a starter. Now I'm very sure I am going to agree with quite a few of the entries on this list but I already know I'm going to argue about a few as well.

So here is #1 of the top 100 Movies of all time according to IMDB:


The Godfather (1972)



I love this movie.  Maybe it is just that I love so many of the actors in this movie -- Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, James Caan, Robert Duvall, Abe Vigoda and so many more.  I've always had a soft spot for Abe Vigoda from his days on the TV show, Barney Miller.

But really it has everything -- family, love, drama, life, death.  What more could you ask for?

The Godfather was nominated for 11 Oscars and won in three categories -- Best Leading Actor, Best Writing, and Best Picture.

If you are looking for something to binge watch some rainy summer day why not The Godfather I, II and III.  And if you are really into the Godfather, I hear there is even a video game.

No comments:

Post a Comment