Friday, September 7, 2012

Meal Planning

I've been cooking (or not cooking) by the seat of my pants the past few months and I know that is a dumb thing to do.  I'm not eating right all the time, it is more expensive and a pain in the neck to have to keep running out to the store for the one item missing from what you decided at the last minute would be the perfect supper.

Now I know I won't cook every night.  Number one, I just know I won't.  Number two, someone might take me out for supper.  Number three, we might barbecue something.  But when I shipped my dear hubby out the door tonight for a 2 day run and his supper was a Wendy's hamburger I realized it was definitely time to get back on the meal planning band wagon.

My plan is to use www.soscuisine.com and my personal recipes to come up with 4 menus with leftover possibilities each week.  I know I can accomplish that.

So here are my 4 menus for the coming week:

Day 1

Fresh veg or salad (whatever looks good at the store)
Harvest Pot-au-feu
Plum compote


Day 2

Mexican Soup
Baked Ratatouille and Steamed quinoa
Quick melba


Day 3

Mexican Soup
Dill Salmon with Potato Patties
Plum compote


Day 4
Cole slaw
Pasta with Broccoli
Baked pear souffles

As the week goes by I'll share the successes with you.  I'm looking forward to trying out some new recipes again.  And I'm sure my dear hubby is going to appreciate the home cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment