Saturday, June 25, 2011

Relay for Life

I was very proud to participate for the first time in the Relay for Life to honour my mom's winning battle against cancer.  And I was very proud of all our friends and family who came out to support us with donations and good wishes and taking some of our laps for us.  Special thanks to Mackies and the Lale family for supplying us with an amazing roomy tent to keep us dry and warm.

Our goal as a team was to have someone from our group on the track at all times and with all the extra people who came out we were very successful.

The organizers were amazing at keeping us motivated, entertained and fed all night.  Some of the highlights for me were the survivors lap, the trivia contest and the dancing.

I am really proud of my grandchildren who walked laps almost non-stop right up until 1:30 am when their parents made them go home.  I think they would have kept going all night . . . LOL . . .

My son, 3 grandsons, daughter-in-law and Mom

Annie was so happy when her hubby brought out her girls.

Okay this hat just makes me giggle . . .

Survivor's Lap



Last Lap


Some beautiful helpers . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment