Monday, March 8, 2010

Playing Catch Up

If I've said it ONCE, I've said it a MILLION times . . . sometimes life just gets in the road of all the things you WANT to do. That has been the case for me the past couple of months. But I'm slowly getting back to NORMAL . . . okay MY normal. I even found time to do some scrapbooking this past week. Nothing amazing . . . in fact I sort of feel like I'm cheating . . . just adding photos and journaling to 2 class samples and 1 crop circle. Do you see the lovely dishcloth photo? I posted that as a mystery crochet-along a few weeks back and just finished it this weekend.

I'm having a busy week again this week but it's all fun busy stuff:

Tuesday is LADIES DAY OUT. I really enjoy this time to craft and connect with other women. If you use Facebook, you can check it out here. Every week we meet at the Grand Central Apartment's Community room just to get away and enjoy adult conversation. Bring an unfinished project or new project or even a crossword puzzle! We have so far seen: painting, scrap booking, card making, needlepoint, knitting, crocheting, quilting, sewing, puzzles, reading and genealogy. I will be bringing 2 quilts that I'm hoping to finish up this week. There is a full kitchen to be used, including a fridge, stove and microwave. We even baked fresh cookies a couple weeks ago! There is no cost, but donations for the coffee are requested. Bring your snacks and drinks and come out for an hour or the day. We have been known to bring snacks to share, but that isn't a requirement! March dates are all Tuesdays! The 2nd, 9th, 16th, 23rd and 30th. Come in behind the Grand Central Apartments on Talbot St, St Thomas and park in the parking lot. There are doors marked "mall entrance". Come in and the elevator is directly to your left. Go down one floor and head to your left again.....the first door on your left is the common room (generally you can hear us). The door is closed ONLY to keep the heat in during these cold months....come right in and join us.

Friday is going to be fun. We are having a Jello recipe swap. Here's the information for this event if you use Facebook. Bring your favourite jell-o concoction with the recipe, for a lovely little buffet on Friday March 12th to "celebrate(?)" the start of March Break. It is not necessary to scrapbook the recipe card but please bring at least 6 copies. Collect some great new recipes and get to sample them at the same time. What can be better than that? Feel free to bring a friend to join us with his/her favourite! Just let me know how many are coming.

Thirty Minute Layouts is on Saturday at Mom's studio. We have room for 8 people and I believe we are over half way there. So don't delay. Book your seat today. This is such a fun class and you get to walk away with 4 completed layouts in 2 hours. I know Mom has planned some awesome techniques for her 2 pages, including bleaching.

So the only thing related to this blog that I am still behind on is the Organization Challenge. I will post the last couple of challenges as soon as I find one of the disks. You see, I thought it was a good idea to set up my craft table in the former dining room, now computer/office space. The problem is that everything is getting piled up on it . . . coupons, books, newspapers, you name it . . . but with my stash being organized I am able to scrapbook again . . . on the dining room table.







No comments:

Post a Comment