Sunday, June 14, 2015

Impulse Buy

MONDAY, JULY 21, 2014

Today's Writing Prompt: Impulse Buy

Write about a time you made an impulse purchase.


Until about six months ago I was a binge eater.  When the stress and anxiety got to be too much, I would eat and eat and eat.  Because of my struggle with Type 2 Diabetes, I have been teaching my brain to understand that eating will not help my stress and will actually make it worse.  As I have gradually changed my diet I have noticed the cravings for those foods I used to binge are pretty much gone.  

Unfortunately, I recently recognized what I was using to replace binge eating . . . binge buying . . . but it had to be on sale.  I spent a ridiculous (for me) amount of money of craft supplies and groceries and eating out for a while.  Anyone who knows me knows I am not a shopper.  In fact on the list of things to do, shopping would usually be at the very bottom of the list and only if I couldn't find someone else to do my shopping for me.  A few weeks ago I became aware of this new bad habit while standing in a lady's basement buying even more craft supplies I didn't need.  

I am hoping increasing the amount of crafting and scrapbooking I do will become my new source of anxiety relief.  I know I will feel better as I use up all the paper and embellishments and aida cloth and inks and on and on that I have purchased recently.

Top Movies of All Time according to IMDB ~ #17 Goodfellas (1990)

Apparently I love gangster movies.  Of course this another one that was shot back in the day when we didn't have to see all the gory...