Sunday, June 17, 2012

Almond Trout


Before I post this recipe, let me just say that Hal (my hubby) hates fish.  Really really hates it.  He enjoyed this trout.  You notice I didn't say love.  Hal will never love fish, but he did like it.  I loved it.  The fish was served with steamed basmati rice and a salad.

2 trout fillets 360g -- I used rainbow trout
1/4 cup slivered almonds
1/4 cup white wine (optional) -- I used a Vidal
3 tbsp margarine
salt
pepper

Heat the margarine in a frying pan.  Add the almonds then saute over medium heat until they are golden.  Take the almonds out of the pan and keep them warm on a small plate in the oven.

Add the trout to the pan and cook over fairly high heat, 2-3 minutes on each side, starting with the skin side down.  Deglaze the pan with the wine, lower the heat and cover.  Cook 7-10 minutes depending on the thickness of the fillets, until the trout is tender.  Check with a fork to see if it is cooked through.

Take the skin off.  Add salt and pepper to taste.  Cover the trout with the almonds and serve.

from soscuisine.com

No comments:

Post a Comment