Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Politics

Today's Writing Prompt: Politics

It's not an election year, so I feel safe talking about politics!  What one issue is the most important to you when it comes to voting for your representatives?


Image result for voter turnout canada

I have to say my biggest concern or issue is lower voter turnouts.  People seem to bitch and complain about governments and politicians but when they have the opportunity to voice their concerns and effect change they just don't.  They just don't vote.  I cannot understand it.  I think all active voters should get a pin that says "I voted so I can complain.  Where's your pin?"  The turnout for a recent and very boisterously and sometimes viciously debated municipal election was 35%. 

SERIOUSLY!?!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment