Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Top 250 Movies from the Last 10 Years ~ La La Land

Now I know I'm going to receive polite laughter from certain friends when I say that I really enjoyed La La Land. I can take it.


I really enjoyed this movie. It was nostalgic and fun, less than serious, and had a surprise ending that cracked me right up and made me sad at the same time. Isn't that worth giving this movie a try?

La La Land is the story of an aspiring actress and a jazz musician in Hollywood. As they become successful they are faced with decisions that could destroy their love affair and the dreams they worked so hard for.

I love all the song and dance numbers which reminded me so much of the "old" days of movies like . . .



Just give it a try. I have a funny feeling that if you allow yourself to accept all the cheesiness, you will love it.


Academy Awards, USA 2017

Winner
Oscar
Best Performance by an Actress in a Leading Role
Emma Stone 
Best Achievement in Directing
Damien Chazelle
At 32 years and 38 days of age, Damien Chazelle becomes the youngest winner for Best Director.
Best Achievement in Cinematography
Linus Sandgren 
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Score)
Justin Hurwitz 
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song)
Justin Hurwitz (music)
Benj Pasek (lyrics)
Justin Paul (lyrics)
Song: "City of Stars"
Best Achievement in Production Design
David Wasco (production design)
Sandy Reynolds-Wasco (set decoration) 
Nominee
Oscar
Best Motion Picture of the Year
Fred Berger
Jordan Horowitz
Marc Platt 
Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role
Ryan Gosling 
Best Original Screenplay
Damien Chazelle 
Best Achievement in Film Editing
Tom Cross 
Best Achievement in Costume Design
Mary Zophres 
Best Achievement in Sound Mixing
Andy Nelson
Ai-Ling Lee
Steven Morrow 
Best Achievement in Sound Editing
Ai-Ling Lee
Mildred Iatrou 
Best Achievement in Music Written for Motion Pictures (Original Song)
Justin Hurwitz (music)
Benj Pasek (lyrics)
Justin Paul (lyrics)
Song: "Audition (The Fools Who Dream)"

No comments:

Post a Comment