Thursday, July 25, 2019

Top 250 Movies from the Last 10 Years ~ Django Unchained (2012)

Leonardo DiCaprio, Jamie Foxx, and Christoph Waltz in Django Unchained (2012)

So why, when I've said so many times how much I hate violent movies, do I love this crazy movie.  I've also said more than once that I hate Quentin Tarantino movies.  And yet I've now seen two of Tarantino's movies that I love . . . Inglorious Bastards and Django Unchained.

Perhaps it has something to do with the stars of the show which I absolutely love.  Christoph Waltz cracks me up.  And I love to hate Leonardo DiCaprio.

The short version of the story is that Django ("The D is silent. Payback won't be.") is teamed up with a German bounty hunter.  The hunt bad guys.  The bounty hunter agrees to help Django find his wife who had been sold off.  They find out where she is and come up with a really complicated plan to free her.

There is a lot of violence and red stuff and the language is a "bit" much but the story is good and the actors are amazing.


Academy Awards, USA 2013

Winner
Oscar
Best Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role
Christoph Waltz 
Best Writing, Original Screenplay
Quentin Tarantino 
Nominee
Oscar
Best Motion Picture of the Year
Stacey Sher
Reginald Hudlin
Pilar Savone 
Best Achievement in Cinematography
Robert Richardson 
Best Achievement in Sound Editing
Wylie Stateman 


No comments:

Post a Comment