Friday, July 12, 2019

Day 4 . . . from Hopewell Rocks to Magnetic Hill, Moncton NB



May 21, better known as Day 4, was one of my favourite days on this trip.

We were up early to be at Hopewell Rocks when the tide was out so we could walk on the ocean floor.










There is only one way to describe this place . . . 

Image result for awesome

. . .  in the truest sense of the word.  

 causing feelings of great admirationrespect, or fear:  An awesome challenge/task lies ahead of them.  awesome scenery

I did not want to leave.  It was cold and dreary with occasional showers and yet I did not want to leave.  I tried to talk Hal into going back to the car for our lawn chairs.  All I wanted to do was sit there until the alarm warned us that the tide was coming back in.  Sigh!  He wouldn't do it.  But that is how awesome it was.  Just so big, and unreal, and overwhelming.

When my back couldn't take anymore standing, we climbed up the stairs and headed back to the car.

Our next excitement for the day was Magnetic Hill.  We have a magnetic hill in Elgin County but it is not so exciting after taking a trip on THIS Magnetic Hill..  




I can tell you how this natural phenomenon happens but I'd hate to spoil the mystery.

Our third stop was to this very amazing museum. Resurgo bills itself as Moncton's Memory Box!  A very wide variety of displays over three floors and the admission is very affordable.  Many of the displays are interactive.  We really enjoyed ourselves while wandering through all the exhibits.




















My favourite rooms in Resurgo contained gorgeous fibre arts and mixed media projects that I could have just stared at all day.



It was pouring rain as we headed to our last stop . . . the RCMP memorial in Riverfront Park.  Hal actually stayed in the car while I took a pile of photos.


We finally headed back to our motel, changed into dry clothes and had supper.  A long day but definitely one of my very favourites.

No comments:

Post a Comment