Tuesday, May 21, 2019

A Dream Come True on Day 4 of our Road Trip

I've seen all the photos online and so many people have raved about it. We were finally there.  The big moment had arrived . . . standing on the ocean floor.  If I had know how spectacular it would be, even in the pouring rain, I would have brought a lawn chair and just sat there until the high tide alarm rang.  If we come back again that is exactly what I am going to do.






We talked about spending the whole day at Hopewell Rocks but we had two emergencies to take care of.  We haven't spoken about them online because we didn't want to worry anyone and we knew we'd solve them somehow as soon as the country recovered from the long weekend.  

First stop was Canadian Tire because we've had a check engine light on for the past couple of days.  It's a little fix that we can do when we get home.  The temporary repair involves duct tape of course.  

The second emergency was a little scarier but it has also been successfully resolved.  I went to get a new insulin pen out of the cooler and found none.  How did we miss packing that?  Hal has accepted all responsibility.  I was able to go to a pharmacy today and get replacements.  I had to pay cash but that's okay.  I am safe and not too sweet.

After the drug store, we went to Magnetic Hill.  That was a riot.  We had to do it twice!



We moved on to Resurgo Place which is a hands on museum.  I handed the camera to Hal and he went insane taking about 200 photos.  There was so much to see and challenges to do.  If you are coming to Moncton I think this is a "must go" spot.

Don't worry.  I didn't load all Hal's photos.  Here are a few of my very favourites.








In case you are wondering, it never stopped raining today.  I'm so glad we packed so much wet weather gear.  It has come in very handy and allowed us to continue being tourists rather than being stuck in a motel room.  By the way, Motel 6 in Moncton is inexpensive, quiet, and clean.  The staff are very friendly and helpful.  The only negatives . . . no microwave or coffee pot in the rooms.  They do serve a nice continental breakfast in the morning though so we survived.  Also, if you are booking a stay, don't let them put you in Room 105 if you are a light sleeper.  The laundry room is right next door.  Not a problem for us though.

Hal had finally had enough of the rain by the time we reached Riverfront Park and stayed in the car while I headed into the fray to photograph the RCMP Memorial.  


The alarm is going to ring at 6 AM tomorrow so I need to get some sleep . . . but our nightly video is still processing.  Hopefully it won't be much longer so I can shut down the laptop and call it a night. 

And here it is . . . 



No comments:

Post a Comment