Sunday, May 10, 2020

Top Movies of All Time according to IMDB ~ # 12 Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back (1980)

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back 40th Anniversary Special Book ...

It was so long ago but I think I saw the first Star Wars movie at the old St. Thomas Drive-In.  Amazing!

I can't remember if I saw The Empire Strikes Back at the movie theatre, drive-in, or on video for the first time, but I do remember seeing it many times including just this week.  Hal and I are enjoying a Star Wars Marathon.

Exciting action, wonderful creative aliens, lots of humour mixed in with the heroics and danger.  I don't think you can watch this movie (or the entire series) too many times.

Next rainy day why not enjoy a Star Wars movie binge?


Academy Awards, USA 1981

Won
Oscar
Best Sound
Bill Varney
Steve Maslow
Gregg Landaker
Peter Sutton 
Won
Special Achievement Award
Brian Johnson
Richard Edlund
Dennis Muren
Bruce Nicholson
For visual effects (statuette).
Nominated
Oscar
Best Art Direction-Set Decoration
Norman Reynolds
Leslie Dilley
Harry Lange
Alan Tomkins
Michael Ford 
Best Music, Original Score
John Williams 

No comments:

Post a Comment