Wednesday, June 7, 2023

Movie Review ~ Pulp Fiction (1994)


I'm probably going to rile up a bunch of people with my opinion of this movie.  I absolutely hated it.  I tried to make myself watch it again to properly review it and perhaps give a solid reason why I hated it so much but I just couldn't make myself do it.

A while back my dear hubby and I were at a dinner party with a group which consisted mostly of theatre people and the topic of best and worst movies came up.  When I mentioned that I thought "Pulp Fiction" was one of the worst movies I had every seen they all stared at me like I was a calf with three heads.


So, the other day I decided to watch Pulp Fiction again.  I kept an open mind figuring perhaps I just wasn't understanding the movie.  I lasted about 30 minutes before I shut it off and walked away.  So I guess I must be the three-headed calf.



 
From IMDB:  

The lives of two mob hit men, a boxer, a gangster's wife, and a pair of diner bandits intertwine in four tales of violence and redemption.

I really don't understand why I don't like it.  I love so many of the actors in it . . . sigh . . . 


Academy Awards, USA 1995


Won
Best Writing, Screenplay Written Directly for the Screen
Quentin Tarantino
Roger Avary

Nominated
Oscar Best Picture
Lawrence Bender

Best Actor in a Leading Role
John Travolta

Best Actor in a Supporting Role
Samuel L. Jackson

Best Actress in a Supporting Role
Uma Thurman

Best Director
Quentin Tarantino

Best Film Editing
Sally Menke

No comments:

Post a Comment