Thursday, June 15, 2023

Journal Prompt ~ Avoidance

Today's Prompt: Avoidance

What are you avoiding?



Yeah . . . somedays are just like that . . . 

Things I avoid:

1.  Making phone calls (unless I am in the mood for a chat).  

If I just need information I don't want to be drawn into a huge conversation.  I've had days where a simple phone call has turned into a lost morning and me no wiser than I was before.  I also hate automated answering machines.  One day I called the same place about 6 times before I gave up and decided to live with the problem (whatever it was) all because I would press numbers and end up lost in the maze that is automation.  Email and chat is so much simpler.

2.  Humidity.

'Nuff said.

3.  Planning anything.

As soon as I finalize plans, get all excited and pay down the deposit you can guarantee something will manage to screw it up.  I think the world has secretly hacked into my calendar and turned messing up my plans into a drinking game.

4.  People I don't like.

There aren't too many of them on my list.  But there are a few.  And they must be avoided because the alternative is that I may say things I can't take back or I may even injure them and end up in jail (okay a lot of exaggeration here).  So avoiding them is in my own best interests.

5.  Scales.

You know the chances are greatest that the numbers are not going to be good.


1 comment:

  1. I pretty much agree with everything you like to avoid except humidity and that is because I live by the ocean and for the most part the temp never gets above 67 or below 40 so the humidity is not too much of a factor. BUT if it is does get over 67, I completely agree with you!! BTW, great blog!!

    ReplyDelete