Monday, September 10, 2012

Plum Compote . . . tart and sweet together . . .


from sos.cuisine.com


4 servings
Prep 5 min
Cooking 7 min
90 calories per serving

8 plums, red or black, firm-ripe
2 tsp sugar
1/2 cup water

Briefly wash the plums.  Split them in half, then pull them apart and remove the pits.  Add them to a saucepan with the sugar and water.  Cook over medium-low heat, covered, for about 5-8 minutes, until the plums are soft.

Take the pan off the heat and let it cool.  Serve with its juice either lukewarm or at room temperature.

I served the compote over French vanilla ice cream.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Pam, today I am collecting recipes featuring plums. Please do drop me a line on ca4ole@gmail.com if you are ok with me linking to your post in my blog (Carole's Chatter). Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Carole. You are always welcome to link to my blog . . . but . . . this recipe originally came from www.soscuisine.com. This dessert was delicious.

      Delete