Sunday, September 2, 2012

Book Review: The Refugee: Narratives of Fugitive Slaves in Canada



This is going to be a very short review.  I picked up The Refugee:  Narratives of Fugitive Slaves in Canada by Benjamin Drew at Chapters a few weeks ago.  I love history books, especially when there is a local connection.  I tried to read this book but, instead of sweeping me into the past with tales of hardship and salvation won, it was a repetitive and obviously edited litany of slavery is bad and Canada is good.  This book was an editorial of why Canada is good and the United States is bad.  Perhaps the book would have improved if I had continued reading but I just couldn't force myself to carry on.  That's all I have to say.

Top Movies of All Time according to IMDB ~ #18 The Matrix (1999)

You know I don't like scary movies but I have to say I thought The Matrix was pretty cool.  Of course I like the stars of this movi...