Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Hot Brownie Pudding

I have a stack of recipes I've been planning to post here . . . but this one is a real favourite. If I didn't fear I would eat the entire pudding, I would make some right now.


1/2 cup sifted enriched flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup sugar
1 tbsp cocoa
1/4 cup milk
1 tbsp melted shortening
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 cup chopped nuts
1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tbsp cocoa
3/4 cup boiling water

Sift flour with baking powder, salt, sugar and 1 tbsp cocoa into bowl. Add milk, shortening and vanilla; mix only until smooth. Add chopped nuts. Turn into a greased casserole or small baking dish.

Mix brown sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa together and sprinkle over batter. Pour boiling water over top of batter. This forms a sauce in bottom of pan after pudding is baked.

Bake in a moderate oven (350 F) for 30 to 40 minutes.

Serves 6 to 8.

No comments:

Post a Comment